I was “tagged” on facebook and asked to list 15 authors who have influenced me.
The Rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen writers who’ve influenced you and who will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.
Jen Dorman mixed it up a bit and added her favorite novel/book by each author. I decided I would too. Here’s my list 🙂
In no particular order other than how quickly they came to mind:
- Ambrose Bierce -The Devil’s Dictionary
- Viktor Frankl- Man’s Search for Meaning
- Zora Neale Hurston- Their Eyes Were Watching God
- Nicholas Sparks – The Notebook
- Khalil Gibran- The Prophet
- Robert Cormier- The Bumblebee Flies Anyway
- VC Andrews- Flowers in the Attic
- Sun Tzu- The Art of War
- Ayn Rand – Atlas Shrugged
- Brad Meltzer- The Tenth Justice
- Wendy & Richard Pini- Elfquest
- Gregory Maguire – Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
- Carolyn Keen- (Nancy Drew) The Hidden Staircase
- Else Holmelund Minarik – Little Bear’s Visit
- Don Miguel Ruiz- The Four Agreements
PS. It required more than 15 minutes to get the names spelled correctly.